NY • NJ • Ma • Va • Fl
Just because you’re newly dating and in love, doesn’t mean you don’t need to work on your relationship. Every couple, married or unmarried, can benefit from a strong foundation, no matter the state of your relationship.
NY • NJ • Ma • Va • Fl
Just because you’re newly dating or and in love, doesn’t mean you don’t need to work on your relationship. Every couple, married or unmarried, can benefit from a strong foundation, no matter the state of your relationship.
How Premarital Counseling Works
Premarital counseling is a powerful tool that can help you and your partner build a secure, healthy union before marriage.
At Embracing Joy Psychotherapy, our holistic therapists will work with you to help you better understand each other, communicate and solve challenges together as a team.
By starting premarital counseling, you will be able strengthen your bond together and confidently move towards new goals and stages in your relationship.
Premarital counseling is a form of couples therapy designed to help partners prepare for marriage. During premarital counseling sessions, you will work with one of our trained therapists to address any potential issues or concerns in your relationship.
The counseling process typically involves weekly, 45-minute sessions offered in a safe space which allows for open communication.
Premarital counseling can help
- Communicate more effectively
- Develop a deeper understanding of each other's needs and expectations
- Address anxiety about marriage and feel more confident
- Resolve currents conflicts or expected conflicts before they arise
- Explore topics such as finances, children, family dynamics, communication styles, marriage roles, religion and spirituality
- Create a shared vision together
- Strengthen your bond
- Gain tools to build a strong, healthy and lasting marriage.
To maximize the benefits of premarital counseling we ask that you
- Engage in self-reflection
- Speak openly and honestly with your therapist
- Remain patient, healing takes time
Experience the Benefits of Premarital Counseling Book a 10-minute call with us so we can uncover what you and your partner’s needs are and determine next steps for a stronger relationship.
If you’re in an active crisis please call 911. If you’re experiencing severe mental health symptoms we recommend reaching out to a larger therapy provider.