Mariam is a wonderful therapist! She is always so patient, supportive and present; which has helped me achieve the healthy boundaries and hope I needed.
Mariam is a passionate therapist who promotes growth and healing in a safe, warm environment. Her calming energy coupled with her depth of knowledge promotes self-exploration and growth. I highly recommend working with her!
Mariam is knowledgeable, hard working, and cares deeply about giving her clients a comfortable, safe but also empowered experience in the therapy room. From seeing her work in our Masters program, she is incredibly attuned to family separation issues, sexuality issues and cultural differences in couples
Cultivate Lasting Change and a Fulfilling Life
If you’re functioning in life, but struggling underneath you’ve come to the right place.
Working through difficult challenges and gaining a deeper understanding of your feelings, your traumas and your relationships is the key to building a better life. Therapy provides a safe space for you to get started.
It’s possible to find more meaning, productivity and joy in your life. Embracing your truth can help you transform your inner self and outer life.
Hi, I’m Mariam!
My therapeutic work is informed by psychoanalytic psychotherapy and it's emphasis on discovering the deeply rooted, unconscious mechanisms at work.
I am a holistic therapist intern based in New York. I’m deeply passionate about working with individuals and couples in their 20s through 40s.
My work is individualized to you and your needs.
Our sessions together will draw from different therapy models including emotionally-focused, narrative , strength-based and mindfulness.
Through our work together, you will be able to: strengthen your self-awareness and compassion; understand your conflicting feelings, behaviors and beliefs; identify your strengths and find solutions; achieve goals and lasting change and identify negative patterns and create more intimacy with your partner
My background as an immigrant has allowed me to bring a multicultural perspective to my work. I encourage my clients to explore their own stories and the effects of their intersectional identities on their lives.
Together, we can facilitate your healing and growth so you can live a meaningful, grounded life.
Our psychotherapy sessions will help you:
- Reconnect with your inner desires and find your authentic voice
- Cultivate increased compassion for yourself and others
- Heal individual traumas and relationship challenges
- Find more joy, ease and peace in your life
For couples our sessions will help you:
- Help with Conflict Resolution and improved communication, learning how to compromise, negotiate and find common ground
- Support life transitions, such as getting married, creating a family, changing career, or experiencing loss
- Identify negative patterns that keep appearing that create more distance in your relationship and replace them with positive ones
- Strengthen commitment and making your relationship more resilient by deepening intimacy and trust
I have deep trust in the unfolding process that will occur during therapy.
Join me in a safe space to unpack your life and find your authentic voice.
Witnessing the often subtle perspective shifts and light that begins to shine within my clients. It’s an honor and a privilege to be alongside them as they develop emotional awareness and understand how to have healthier relationships..especially with themselves.
Dating & Relationships | Life Transitions | Depression | Anxiety | Trauma | Self-esteem & Perfectionism | Women’s Issues | Family of Origin Issues | Attachment | Emotional Regulation | Sexual Issues
Psychodynamic | Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples | Gottman Method for Couples | Somatic Psychotherapy | Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Member, The New York Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (NYAMFT)
- Member, The American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- M.A. Degree in Marriage & Family Therapy, Syracuse University (graduating 2024)
- B.A Degree in Biology; Holistic Health
Embrace the now, to get to the next.
Explore your past and present with one of our holistic, New York-centered psychotherapists.
It’s time to experience more joy and authenticity in your life.